Thinking of making some cool DIY toys for your child? I love making something original for my little one that you can’t find in stores and it makes it so much more special – also it is a fraction of the price!
You can also get them involved in the process they would really enjoy it.
There are many things around the house that you might already have and you can repurpose and create something beautiful that can keep your child entertained.
Here are some of my favourite!
Dust off your sewing machine and try to make these beautiful vegetables that guarantee hours of quite time. Not only they look lovely, but they are also easy to do if you follow the step by step tutorial.
Or why not make a felt car play mat which you can pack and take it away with you. Will be great to entertain children in restaurants or when waiting for an appointment.
Recycle a cardboard box and transform it into this gorgeous and easy to make washing machine. Toys don’t have to be expensive!
1. Plantable felt garden box – from A beautiful mess
2. Cardboard washing machine – from Estefimachado
3. Felt Car Play Mat-House – from Cook clean craft
Sew this gorgeous felt burger together with cheese, salad, onion, tomato and let them create their own combinations. Repurpose old shoe boxes and create a train for the plushie in minutes. My little boy loves this game! Find the pattern and the tutorial over at Handmade Charlotte and put make them match the animals.
4. Felt burger pretend play – from Wellies and Lemonade
5. Shoebox Train Craft for Kids – from Cutesy crafts
6. DIY mix’em up animal spools – from Handmade Charlotte
What a great idea from Frugal nanny! For 3$ for this nightstand and a lick of pain
7. Workbench – from The frugal granny
8. Magnetic finishing toy – from Homemade gifts made easy
9. Cozy car caddy tutorial – from Homemade by Jill
How cool is this dragon puppet! If you are into crafts you probably have all the needed materials already. Because it is no sew it’s really easy to create too.
Ready to make some noise? These wood instruments are really a fun project and I’m sure your child will love using them!
10. No sew dragon sock puppet – from Kids craft room
11. Diy wood instruments – from Kids craft room
One more thing
GET INSTANT ACCESS TO MY LIBRARY OF FREE ORGANISATIONAL PRINTABLES!
Sign up to receive FREE organising printables, available exclusively to subscribers!